Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Wednesday February 7

I remember very few things from post chemotherapy yesterday. I know Chayse took me home. I know Kimmie came over with food because I loved looking at her beautiful red shoes and laces...but can't tell you what I ate. I also know I did NOT drive Chayse to the airport. But so far I felt okay throughout the day. The aches Dr Reese told me about aren't supposed to start until tomorrow. I do have to get through my shot box that will happen at some time this evening. Probably during books and prayers. I just cringe whenever it starts. I'll probably never get over that. Ridiculous, but true.

One big thing for today was Zoey's first ballet class at the rec center. She did such a great job listening and working on her dance moves. One thing that did surprise me is her recital come end of May/beginning of June. I think I pushed myself and took her there myself because I really wanted to see her first class. I read me a book while watching her class and then passed out as soon as I got home. I must add that Zoey was a great listener and never left the class, while many other girls did. I'm just proud of my little girl!!

Not much else happened once the nap occurred. I slowed down and just played with the kids once I woke up and read Lux's book with her. She has been progressing so well with her reading and finally turning the page (ha!) and enjoying the reading now!! It's taken forever! But now she is doing a great job with sounding out words and really understanding what is going on. I am grateful for her wonderful teacher, Mrs Erickson, and how much she has learned from her. She enjoys going to school and always comes home with a funny story to tell me.

Mrs Erickson has also been there for Lux throughout this cancer adventure. I told her we would let the kids know about what is going on with me and treatments, and to just be there for her if she was scared or worried during school hours and needed someone to talk to. We have tried to be blunt with the kids, and just be as open as we can. Her teacher has told me that she has chatted a few times with Lux and she has been matter of fact with it all. I was so concerned Lux would break down at school and she has really flourished with everything. She was especially excited when I had my head shaved and no one knows that I wear a wig. Oh, she's a funny lady, my sweet Lux.

Another thing, I have received many wonderful cards. They have been so thoughtful. I have also gotten a letter from some thoughtful anonymous friend with their love sent in a sweet little note. I am glad I have some sweet friend to be so thoughtful as to do that for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment