Because it was Christmas Eve, we were able to have our service at 1, instead of the usual 2:30 time. Wahooo!! And it was only one hour, instead of the regular 3 hour block meetings. We only have one more week of 2:30 church and then will be starting at 8:30 instead! I can't believe we made it a full year of 2:30. Pat on the back for sure for that one.
Chayse and I were also asked to give the opening and closing prayers for the meeting. I had completely forgotten from about 10 that morning until 12:30, just before we were getting ready to leave. That's when I started to stress about what to pray about and what I should be saying, and then worried about being there on time. Sure enough, we were able to get out the door by 12:45 (it's a mere 4 minute drive) and got a bench to sit on instead of some hard chairs in the back. WINNING! I only had to stress about 20 minutes more at this point because I was asked to give the opening prayer.
I was pretty nervous, but I was able to say what I wanted to and I was very thankful to be asked to give the prayer for such a special service. The meeting was nice and peaceful and wonderful. The primary children had a song and Zoey marched right up with Lux and Zane and just stood there and smiled with her siblings. I love hearing the little children sing. Something a bit special about their words and voices in those songs. The rest of the meeting was just as perfect. There was a great narrator and the songs selected were perfect. I love having so many songs of praise and love for Christ before Christmas. There's never enough time to sing all those special hymns about the Savior and his birth. The season of giving is all because of Him and without Him, there would be no Christmas season and celebration. I just love it all.
After church, we came home and played, let Pippa nap, and then went over to Todd & Kim's for a Christmas dinner. After, Chayse and I couldn't help ourselves and sat Pippa on their lazy Susan to spin her around. "Wooowwwww" was her answer. Oh Pips!
It was a nice evening and a tasty meal as well. Now time to head home and stick those cookies out to get ready for Christmas day!
No comments:
Post a Comment