Monday, January 8, 2018

Wednesday December 20

Today was the last day of school before Christmas break. I am one of Lux's room moms and was hoping I would be well enough to come in and help, and I was!! I was so happy to be able to help out. My partner, Bethany, had already sent out the online sign up and was filled up the same day. Those who signed up brought their things in and we were there to assist in whatever way necessary. The party turned out wonderfully. I had already sent in the tablecloths in case I wasn't feeling well. So I got there, chatted with the two wonderful ladies in the front office, and then headed back to her class to set up. I just really enjoy being in her classroom to see who she socializes with, the mannerisms and in general to see where Lux spends so much of her time each day.

We started at 1:30 and there were 5 different stations. A snack, cookie decorating, bingo game, ornament decorating and a minute-to-win-it station. They were all well thought out and the kids enjoyed each stop. Lux's favorite station was the cookie decorating, closely followed by the painting of the ornaments. I enjoyed seeing them do the minute to win it station because she had 4 or 5 games to quickly run through in her 10 minute rotation. The kids all did well competing against each other as well as working together. At the end, a mom read a two cute Christmas books and she had a treat for her son's birthday that day. To say they had some sugar is a bit of an understatement, but was also why they went straight out to recess once the party was over.

Lux wavered at this point. I should have just left while the books were being read, but I didn't want any scenes. I just wanted her to decided to come or go. Didn't matter to me if she missed the hour of recess before riding home from school. She just needs to decide! 10 minutes later...she comes home with me. Instead of going home I needed to get two french bread loaves for a white elephant gift. And since Lux was coming with me, we also picked out the final gift needed for Christmas. We had the kids draw each others names and pick out a present for that sibling. Lux has Zane and was getting him a watch that he's been begging for. "But not a gizmo, because he's not old enough for one." Her words, not mine. Zane picked out an elastic box for Lux and was so proud of himself. Zoey decided Pippa needed a new baby stroller (and badly we did) and Pippa (mom) found a cute lego set for Zoey to receive.

Finishing up at the store, we headed to the car, but I forgot the bread. Back in we went. Back to the car for home. Now it's closer to 3:30 and Chayse was supposed to be home by 4 to go to their company Christmas party by 5 in Pine Valley. I hurried and made my "loafers" for one white elephant gift and paired it with some socks. I then made my "beats" headphones using some cans of beets and a headband, paired with a bath bomb. I'm just so hilarious. But I am guessing not many people will be doing that kind of gift. While home, my sister in law McKell and Kim, my mother in law, were at work cleaning up my house. It has been humbling to allow this kind of help. Especially on weeks when I really can do it myself. But they have offered and haven't stopped. So I will allow the help. It is very, very nice to come home to a wonderfully clean home!! And I love seeing my niece Meritt playing with my kids. They are always so cute together. And today Meritt was running around with only Pippa and having a grand time together.

Chayse came home and I finished getting ready to go. We got in the car about 4:15 and hurried to pick up Perry, Chayse's brother, while his wife would be joining us a little later so she could finish with the kids music lessons that day before the babysitter came. We went to quickest route Siri said, and came to an intersection that had an accident about 10 minutes prior and the police had just arrived. It had 4 cars involved and looked like we could make it to take the turn, and then, we were re-routed after waiting a solid 20 minutes. This didn't help much. We ended up being 30 minutes late to the gathering, but thankfully weren't the last ones!

We had rented out the Branding Iron in Pine Valley for the work party. It was a nice place and a very cozy setting, especially with having the place all to ourselves! The company was fun to chat with; about 16 of us in total. I enjoyed chatting with the girls Chayse works with and meeting their boyfriends They have really become like a family to Chayse. Chayse has taken a liking to them and treated them differently that any other coworkers. He will always come home with a smile on his face from some things they have done and he has just enjoyed his work environment for one of the first times. Guess those you work with can make a huge difference in wanting to go back to work the next day! I am very glad to have felt well enough to come up and chat with these wonderful ladies and am looking forward to the next chance to see them!

Nothing else exciting. We came back home and then watched a show with mom and dad and headed off to bed. Kids were fine. And that's a win. We did get a pie from Veyo pies (Julianna picked it up since she was already late to the party) and had a tasty slice on top of all the other tasty food we had. It was one fun and yummy night!


No comments:

Post a Comment