After hydrating again and a little bit of rest, Mom and Kathleen kept the kids entertained with more games and snacks. About 9:45 we started to get ourselves together to head out to Tuachan and Snow Canyon Park. Because it is some different scenery than whats right beside our house, we wanted to show Kathleen something slightly different with the volcanic rock. We drove over to the Tuachan amphitheater and worked on convincing Kathleen to come back out to see a show.
The kids were ready to adventure out, so we headed over to Snow Canyon and parked just before the entrance and started on a trail right beside that parking lot. It ended up being a perfect walk. We went up about half a mile with the kids, maybe less because it took a long time sauntering up. But the pathway was great, the people we passed by were kind and thoughtful while passing our group and it was a nice, easy hike. I am going to go back again. When my health is back to normal I could definitely handle my four on my own because of how nicely the pathway was lined.
But it was a very nice time out in nature and giving us time to stretch our legs. Soon it was time to get some lunch at Waffle Luv before we had to send Kathleen on her way. Chayse was able to meet up with us for some lunch as well. Everyone was pleased with their food choices, maybe because most had very low expectations. Ha.
That evening mom offered to watch the kids and we joined Grandma, Shay and Jaymee at the movies to see "The Darkest Hour". I had been working on the novel and it got a bit much. Don't really know how else to explain it. Just the differences with governments it started to confuse me and then creating true characters in this nonfiction work is more difficult for me. Being able to see all the characters formed on the screen, it was much better than creating it in my mind. I loved the whole show. I wish it could have covered more. Make sure you see this show. It was an incredible depiction of how things started really rolling for England in WW2. Anything about this point in history I love, and actually having been in many of the places that is featured in the show was great too.
Then later this evening is bachelor night at Liz's house. How I am going to handle staying up, no one knows! But it'll get done. Well, it was done. It was a lot of fun chatting with other women and just laughing at the show. Not sure why I am watching it, but it provides too much entertainment and laughs from so much ridiculousness. Thanks for hosting, Liz!!
Also, not sure where the pictures of Kathleen are. I'm confused.
No comments:
Post a Comment