I do love that the kids want to spend time together sleeping. We had Zoey in her own room before Pippa came along, but she kept sneaking out and being with Lux and Zane. So the decision to move her toddler bed in with them was solidified. Three in one room and princess Pippa gets her own space. Otherwise there was a lot more work to keep Zoey in her own place. Chayse has been doing a fabulous job taking pictures. I'm really not too thrilled to be taking so many, but I am thankful for it now. It is important for the kids to feel comfortable with everything and it is also helping me deal with it too. I am usually the one behind the camera and it is nice to have more shots with the kids. To the right is Pippa dancing with one of the ornaments from my front blue and silver tree I love to put up. She does like to rock side to side. It's the sweetest little dance. She will also bob her head and shake that too while dancing. And above is our typical evening routine. Books, jammies and bedtime. I enjoy this part because they are usually focused on what we are doing. We generally get a bath in to rinse off the day, jammies on. Then we will read a few scriptures together, get in our personal prayers and help them learn how to speak with Heavenly Father. Then the each pick 1-3 books and we get to reading. Then the lights go off and I will sing a few songs to my babies. And the dream is they go to sleep. Not always does that happen, but the dream does occur a few times a week with no kids coming downstairs. As a parent, there are few dreams. And those precious two to three hours before I go to bed is just a gem and important so I can also recover from the day and finish up laundry or whatever else may need to be done.
Saturday was a nice day. I think I am about ready for a new year and to celebrate a few new milestones in 2018 like completing chemo, recovering from surgery and to get appointments that are more than two weeks apart. The dream. And a family trip in to celebrate with the kids the accomplishments that go along with a huge lifestyle change with my dr appointments. And then to celebrate our 10 year anniversary in August!!! That will hopefully align with my dream of less appointments. We shall see...
No comments:
Post a Comment