Today my mother in law was so kind and took Zoey and Pippa with her for the morning while Zane was at school. We traded Pippa out at noon for her to get a nap and Zane headed off to play with grandma too! Lux was a bit disappointed she wasn't going, but, I'll figure that out later. She has a hard time missing out on things just like I do. And sometimes I just don't know what else to do but to deal with it later. My friend Enid came over to help out with the house and she is just a great person. I was able to chat with her when she first came over at 9 and then just fell over once Zane went off to school and the girls with grandma. I took a solid 2 hour nap without even tossing around. I came back refreshed and able to do a few things (you know, watch a show, chat with Enid, put a few things away) and then sit down again.
I have had a little bit of aches today, but most of them set in after the shot I get in the early evening. It was doing its thing when I was laying on the couch when the kids all got home around 4 and Lux was intrigued by the ticking it makes. I am getting used to it and it doesn't make me want to gag or something as much as it first did. I am slowly becoming used to these routines. I guess it's a good thing!
Then in the evening we watched some Netflix. Ate a delicious dinner after a rainy day made my Jennifer Antonio. Seriously. I just need to mention how wonderful these meals are. Here are some of the people who have been so generous in bringing us a meal. Brie Bergeson. McCall Wood. Holly Lofthouse. Jennifer Antonio. Melissa McArthur. Jessica Leavitt. Bunny Skyy. Christie Lillywhite. Jodi Todd. Ashlee Crandall. Staci Stanton. Natalie Bergquist. Jessica Bailey. Rachel Carling. Cassie Ames. Ashley Tarinelli. Angie Wheatley. You are all so amazing and thoughtful and I just really appreciate the help so I can spend that time with my kids and not in the kitchen if we don't want to. I feel so loved and blessed and lucky to have you all in my life. And feeding us something tasty each night you have brought us food.
It felt so nice to have a clean, tidy house again. We aren't slobs...but I do get a little crazy about some things. And the help is just wonderful. And the whole day of resting I think really helps me be able to manage these heavy drugs that much better.
One thing about chemo, they want you to be extra hydrated. So I feel like I heard once you're supposed to drink half your weight each day. That makes it about 50-60 ounces, depending on the week. Ha. Dr wants me to float away and do 70-80 ounces each day. And still eat. Seriously. Is that even possible? And don't fluids in foods count into this number too? And I am literally toxic for 72 hours after chemo, so I can't share anything with the kids, or Chayse for that matter. I mark my water bottles and toss them once I finish it so the kids don't use them. And try to do 3. Plus a juice box or some milk. My taste buds are doing okay this time around. Not too much metal taste coming out. I have noticed I literally smell different. That's strange. It's a chem smell to me, but I don't know what that really is. Kinda want to be myself again. Chayse agrees I smell different. But he says it's not a bad one. Is that a lie?? I'll just leave it at that. I was also told to flush twice after using a toilet. And extra good handwashes for good measure. Still have that orange pee coming out even with all this liquid. But I am hopeful this will be an okay round with its after effects.
Monday, January 22, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment