Monday, January 22, 2018

Friday January 12

I cannot believe we are in January. Still. I keep writing December for the titles. I do feel as if I have been robbed of some time, but I'll get through my issues eventually...

I have been having trouble getting out of bed before 7. I can usually do 6:30. 6 is getting to be a huge stretch. But 7 is a solid time that I should be able to get out and start my day. Well. The kids aren't exactly in my line of thinking. Mom has caught a cold and I am trying to not get it. But just wait until Monday or Tuesday. I am sure I'll have something. So Chayse has been leaving for a morning workout between 5:30 and 6 most morning and we have managed. Well. The kids maybe have been managing better. They have been getting Pippa out of her crib (my suspicions are they wake her and then get her out most mornings and I do prefer she sleep if she needs to. Details, right?) and then they get their morning started. Well. Chayse came home just before 7 this morning and found four little minions sitting around the table getting their breakfast on. Thankfully the milk wasn't too full. And yes. I may have heard some movement going on, but it was before 7 people! No one was harmed. No giant milk puddles. And just some happy kids eating cereal together. I honestly thought this day would never come and now it seems closer than ever!!! WAHOOOOO!!!

Then, it was time. It has been 12 solid days of no hair washing. Barely any brushing, only when absolutely necessary. My head is starting to itch and its been feeling a bit off lately. No tingles. No strange sensations. But just different and I was ready to give it a good itch. But completely afraid to see my hair all over my house and falling out. Karen to the rescue yet again!! She shaved the sides of my head and thought we might be able to save some of the top. Nope. As she cut the top into something salvageable, but it just kept coming. And then as we tried something else it looked like a terrible Grandpa's combover. Just so bad. In Karen's words, "Charlotte, as a friend, it's gotta go." And she was right. Goodbye hair. You've done me well for so long, but now it is time to part for a little while. This happened after I let each kid give me a good brushing and get some hair out. A lot came out. But I still have a lot of hair. Maybe that's why it stuck around for so long. I just have so much. And I didn't wash it. Gross. Chayse admitted later it was starting to smell. Sweet man, letting me get rid of it on my own time table instead of him mocking me and making me feel sad. That's true love right there people!!

When I came back, only Zoey and Pippa were home with mom. Zane was at school as was Lux. Zoey was a bit concerned and tried to pull out her little pony to give to me. She just wanted mama back I guess. We have been prepping the kids for hair loss, but its one thing to think about it and another to have it happen. She was a bit sad, but I told her it was okay and that I'll get my hair back soon enough and we can match again. Pippa didn't like it at all, and I just kept my head covered the rest of the day. I was in the mood for some Chickfila chicken biscuits, so I said "You know, maybe we should.." and Zoey yells "Go to chickfila!" What a mind reader! So off we went! Yum yum. It hit the spot. Mom then took the girls to Petsmart while I went to wound care. Wahoo. The hole is healing and it almost immeasurable!! New skin is growing and miracles are happening! It is not getting worse before getting better. I am getting better!!!

Also, I showed Chayse and the nurse my freshly cut hair. I guess one reason I wanted to hold on to my hair was to prove to my doctor I could have hair. Does he even care? Yeah right. But it was a fulfilling thing to do, show off some hair at chemo round 3!!! BOO YAH!!

He was shocked I did it. I told him Karen was cutting it, but he was still stunned.

Then...after my nap once I picked up Zane and friends on the way home from my appointment, my friend Sarah Pomeroy came to visit!!!!! I have known her since 8th grade and began to really get to know each other through high school and even more senior year. I was so excited when I found out earlier this week she was coming! I may have forgotten? Who knows. But regardless, it was so much fun to have her around and talk. Mom let us head out and explore after she got here. We climbed a bit around Pioneer Park to stretch her legs after the long journey. She loved it and wished her hubby was here to do some bouldering and climbing there together. Maybe they'll come out with their little boy and allow my kids to entertain him for a few hours for them!

We also went up to the airport hill and walked around looking at the views. A very different one from trees and greens and hills, to rocks and mountains and wide views. All nail salons were full or we would have done that! Ha. Then we came home and played with the kids. We also went out later with Chayse for yogurtland and a shake for him from Habit. It was very tasty! And fun to chat together and celebrate NO MO HAIR!! Well, it's still fuzzy all over. Some falls out, but not a ton.

Yay for having friends in town!!!!! And the kids going to bed in the playroom and letting Sarah have their room. Good kids. So proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment