Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Wednesday January 3

Today Zane had preschool, but Lux doesn't start until tomorrow. My new friend Enid came over to help me out with my house chores. And wow, she is a saint. So many things done. So quickly. I am beyond thankful for her in my life!! I just feel so much better with everything. I'm always behind on ironing. There's always more sheets to wash and clothes to clean. Not to mention those mirrors with toothpaste all over. And the doorknobs with germs. And the...and the...you get the point. I can tell I'll like Enid too. She's so sweet and bubbly and kind and thoughtful. She's the best.

While Enid was over, Pippa had a well check and mom and I brought the girls with us to give Enid more space. I get to the doctors office and there was a nice long line. 5 minutes into standing in the line, a 8 year old child came behind me coughing and making all sorts of noises and then...yes...puke. About 5 feet away. A week after chemo I have the lowest white count during my 2 weeks between rounds. And I can feel it. I just feel like any cold or germ is about to attack me and I'll be knocked down any second. So the puke didn't make me too happy as yes, they had to walk past the "well" side to get to the "sick" side to check in. There was nothing they could do, but it got me a bit worried.

10 more minutes into waiting, I get to the front. The receptionist asks if I can come to the sick side to check in. Uhhh...nope. So I did it. I pulled the cancer card. I kindly told her I just had my second round of chemo and I am susceptible to all germs and can't be around sick patients right now. She was very respectful, took my insurance card and signed me in while I waited on the "well" side. And, to my surprise, they pulled me back immediately to get Pippa checked out. I love my doctor, but am truly disappointed in how long it takes to check in. So for a 10 appointment, I got back very quickly and was seen about 10:30. Everything checked out great with Pips. My chemo doctor told me to not get vaccines for her, as for the first two weeks after getting them I am susceptible to getting that live virus she was injected with. So she will wait until we are cleared to get her back up to date on vaccines. I was glad to leave the office rather quickly and get my kids back home to wash off those hands!

I did start to get a runny nose today. Seems I get chemo, then the second week I find some kind of germ/cold/etc and then I get over the cough/nose/throat issue...then it's time for more chemo! But Tumie is shrinking. Yes. It is going down!!! It is now flush with my skin and no longer protruding from my side. I am thrilled. I wasn't supposed to see this kind of progress so quickly!!! The prayers and chemo are working together quite wonderfully. I have the best people in my corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment