It sounded wonderful to be able to maybe sleep in until 7 and then not have anyone to take care of for a little bit (except for Pippa) and to rest a little bit more after chemo to hopefully recover faster. So far, with last night, I did wake up after shaking my legs again and making them go a bit numb. That woke me up then, some more aches. But they all went away a few hours after waking up. Right now I'm not sure if this is even flowing together, but so far not the terrible flu feeling I had the first go around. Back to sleepovers. No sleep happens. Julianna was an absolute saint to keep my kids until afternoon and let me get a nap in and try to feel like I accomplished a few things in taking care of the house. I just can't seem to let go of all responsibilities. I don't want to become lazy and sure, this is a great excuse to just have everyone do everything for me, but I just can't. So I like to make sure I do something. Anything. Kitchen cleaning, picking up the office, the play room, just something. I have been so lucky to have Kim and McKell over to help do the real cleaning. But I still want to feel like I am normal and taking care of my family like I always do.
Friday was a nice morning just helping take care of my Pips. I did pick up Zoey and got her to take an afternoon nap as well. This happened after wound care. Ahhh, wound care. I was so scared for this appointment. It happened after my hair cut at 11, and things went pretty smooth. They showed Chayse how to care for my leaky tumor and what to worry about. The nurses were fabulous! Having to literally heal people all day is just amazing. My case seemed pretty simple, but I was so scared that it would get much worse before things get better with my leak. I just like to keep things sealed up inside the body that are supposed to be there. As you can already tell. But I feel good about wound care and am glad they recommended me to go and get that fixed up. I go back next Friday. Guess this is going to be a regular thing now!
Then about 3 I picked up Zane and Lux. The next three hours were lots of grumpy kids and a few prayers to make it to bathtime and dinner. Oh, the witching hours with tired kids. But we made it. We got them to bed. And hip hip hooray they went to sleep pretty easily! Yay for Friday nights. So we turned on some Netflix and had a nice peaceful evening with me heading off to bed about 9:30 because I waited until it was time to take my next anti-nausea meds because heaven knows having nausea is no fun. And I'm a sissy. That's all for this post!
No comments:
Post a Comment