
My kids have been begging for a trip to the dentist. It took me a little bit, but after figuring out where to go with the insurance I was able to get some appointments. In the morning, we headed to the gym and did a HIIT class. I was also able to talk to our church bishop and catch up. I enjoy running into people at the gym and getting to know other people better. Our bishop is such a kind man, and I know he has been worried about us. We haven't needed much assistance from our church leadership because of the help from so many other friends and family nearby. So it was good to let him know personally how much others have been doing for us. And that we really aren't in much need because of so many people who have been offering so much. The prayers and assistance and love is just overwhelming and wonderful.

So we rushed home, got cleaned up, grabbed the lunch bags I had packed for each kid because they are always hungry after the gym and then they have everything to choose from when they want it. We picked Lux up from school and headed over to the kids dentist. Things went alright. Lux was so brave for her xrays. Then Zane followed suit. And Zoey was just hot and cold and then the hygienist would compliment her and she put her best foot forward. No pictures for Pips.

Then all the kids laid down on their tables, looking straight up at the tvs. After all the bravery of Lux, she just fell apart. She wasn't too thrilled with the sandy cleaning of her teeth and was just a bit needy. Zane was Mr Cool the entire time and Zoey did well at the beginning, then went south quickly. It was very nice that they are extra quick with their teeth and we were able to finish up. Only one cavity for Zane and we go back in Feb 1. The dentist was confident because of how well he did at the cleaning, only some laughing gas will be needed to get the cavity filled. Prayers for that one!

We took Lux back to school after she finished her lunch and then Zane and Zoey had playgroup. That meant it was time for Pippa to get to her nap so I could rest for a little bit and then get a few things done around the house before collecting children again. It is just ridiculous the amount of things to try and get done some days. But it gets done, sometimes not how I'd like, but things are finished, and that's a win. Cancer has really made me slow down on a lot of things. It's something that I hate the most. I really wish I could be working on my photobooks, but I've got to stick to the basics like paying bills, coloring with my kids and playing with them too. The photobooks are on the outskirts. I am hoping once chemo is over I'll be able to have more energy to not need all these breaks and naps and I can get back to accomplishing more.

One thing I had been realizing is my health. That's pretty much number one right now. My kids are even up there and same with Chayse and God. But I've really got to focus on what I can do to stay healthy and improve my health. Hence my focus on the gym, and the mention of it in all these posts. It's a time for me to be greedy and focus on staying healthy so I can get the chemo to work to its full potential. And the better my body will be able to handle the intense drugs as well. When I think about what is still to come, 5 more rounds, genetic test answers, surgery, then radiation, I really have to keep me at the top of my game. Giving up can't happen and the only way to keep that from happening is to keep exercise at the top or my priorities. Even if it means the kids get a little more tv than I'd like and some of it comes from daycare. It's okay. I need to keep active and strong. So that is what I will do.
The rest of the afternoon went fine. Some playing. Outside time. Lux came home. Playing. Baths. Dinner. Begging for dessert. Teeth. Books.

I think it is the routine that helps keep me going. Thinking in small blocks of time and knowing what is coming next. I heart routines.

No comments:
Post a Comment