Chayse worked on taking down the Christmas lights in the nice weather before we joined the Myers family to burn our Christmas trees. Mom and Dad came to this tradition and helped take the ornaments off the tree in the morning so we didn't lose anything. I also forgot to mention that my friend Caitlin came by with some DoTerra products yesterday and to chat. It was really nice to spend some time with her and to have such a wonderful surprise and just feel of eachothers love and determination. She's one tough cookie and I look up to her and how well she's been able to manage. If she can do it, then I better do it too!!
Another story of note I had forgotten. Mainly because, wow. Seriously? The day after chemo when we were over at Perry's house, we had brought Pippa back home while the other three had their sleepover. Chayse was going to head back to play more games and I was ready for bed. Earlier I had changed a stinky bum and put it in a plastic bag, then stuck it out the front door. Mainly because I am afraid of walking in their backyard past the dog, and throw it away in the trash can. Hence...I bring the bag home with me. It's the easier way to do things. Well...I miscalculated when I decided to grab the bag and swing it outside the passenger door and shut it oh so quickly to avoid any stench that might occur on the 2 mile drive. Big mistake. I slammed the door on my hand. Made the thing swell VERY quickly. I was so mad at myself. It hurt terribly. Had ice on the thing for the next hour or so and tried to get it to go down. Figured if I was still in pain in the morning, what's a broken hand at this point?? It was my right hand, but I've got cancer, heavens, I'll deal with a broken hand. Thankfully, it was just bruised a ridiculous amount and nothing worse. An x-ray is pennies compared to everything else I've been through. So yeah. About broke my hand over a dirty diaper.
About noon we headed out to some BLM property and got set to burning those trees and spent time shooting our .22s. Chayse even let the kids in on the action. I should just remember that my judgement is slightly clouded because I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to help Lux shoot. So I gave up after a few tries and let Chayse get after it. We were gone for about 2 hours and I was spent. I had just washed my hair yesterday for church and was a bit upset I forgot about the fire. So I kept my hair covered to save any need for washing it again. Pippa was so cute in her pink outfit and easy to spot. The kids loved digging around in the dirt. So many treasures to find out there too. The kids had a blast.
I was concerned about the fire smell and hurried to get the kids to bathe, then wash their clothes. In my rush, Chayse's phone made it into the washer as well. Came out squeaky clean! Thankfully, Chayse was able to save any photos/videos we had just taken. Guess he'll get that update he's been wanting for a while now.
Zane loved the whole fire process and has been showing me with sticks what he'll do next time we need to have a fire made. Lux and Zoey just kept on exploring with the others. It was a great day out in nature. And some perfect weather as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment