Wednesday, January 10, 2018

CHRISTMAS!!!

When you have 3 living great grandparents and both sets of grandparents, the simple Christmas we planned grew quickly!
Opening Santa gifts. Movies and Games.

Her snuggle toys, Ellie on the floor.
It was such a wonderful Christmas Day!!! It wasn't the presents, it wasn't anything in particular, but it was just a nice day filled with goodness and love. That's all I wanted, and that's exactly what it was. Just perfect.

Okay, not everything was. Pippa started out the day a bit down and not doing too much. Then she stopped wanting to open presents and wanted to snuggle. A few times she got down for some more, but then wanted to be held. One of the first things she opened was a cute fox and blanket. After that she was all about snuggling and those soft things. Then she puked in the kitchen and didn't want to be put down. She soon fell asleep on mom while we were still opening gifts. A few more pukes and she was better, ready for her afternoon nap!

I think my favorite moment was when the kids gave each other the presents they picked out. Zane told Lux "I knew you wanted the elastic box and here you go!" He was just thrilled with his pick. Lux was so happy to see Zane put his watch on and have it light up. Zoey couldn't help but open Pippa's gift with her and she couldn't stop saying "Wow" when she was looking at her new baby stroller. Zoey was pleased with her legos and asked Lux if she could help her build them.

We took about 3 hours to open everything, which was very nice. Nothing was rushed. The kids enjoyed everything they received and were thankful for it! That was the best part! It was also nice to have mom and dad here, helping out with the little things like opening boxes and putting toys together, along with snuggling with some sickies. After all the toys were opened, I was exhausted and took a nap before getting ready to go over to Chayse's brother Perry's house at 2 for Christmas celebrations. 

At Perry's we did the English traditional crackers that have a fancy paper crown inside, along with jokes and a little game to play. Then we had snacks and tasty ham sandwiches and played games together and chatted. It was a nice relaxing afternoon. They got halo for Christmas and played that later on in the evening. Which led to my old three wanting a sleepover and we decided it had been a busy enough day that we would wait until my next chemo round.

Bad news did ensue, as we were leaving about 8 that evening, Zoey came into the kitchen and started complaining about her tummy and more puke came. All over the floor. All into the sink. Just so much puke. Julianna helped Chayse and I clean it up and then we were sent home with a bowl. She refused to touch it in the car, but thankfully we are only 2 miles away. Got eveyone to bed and tended to Zoey. She wanted a bowl beside her, so I rushed one up. Wrong bowl. She needed Auntie Jule's bowl. Back down for that. When I came back up, she had thrown up in the toilet (WIN!). Cleaned her up. Back to bed for her. Then I was talking to Lux (the three older kids share a room because they enjoy being together) I heard some noises and was worried Zoey missed the bowl. NOPE! Another win!!! But, as I am writing this after the fact, I'll give a spoiler and let you know she did in fact miss the bowl twice that night while coming downstairs to find me. Fail. Mom helped clean up which led to her getting sick that night and then Dad sick the day after Christmas. Chayse felt a little funny, but never got it. It only stayed with Pippa, Zoey and Mom and Dad. I'm so glad I didn't get it as I was only 2 days away from another round.


No comments:

Post a Comment