Friday, January 19, 2018

Saturday January 6

Started the morning off with a workout and then came back to clean up and play with the kids. Zane is so patient with his sisters. Especially Pippa, he has a sweet spot on his heart for her. He helps out with Pippa whenever she calls and does all the girly stuff. This time was no different and before the gym he helped with the stroller she got from Christmas. Of all the boys in the world, we got the sweet spirit that could handle having 3 demanding sisters. They all love him and you can see the different relationships he has with each one. And he continues to serve all of them and love each of them exactly how they need to be loved. I always wanted boys, but figured that since I understood boys after living with 3 for many years that I knew too much. I'd get three girls that I would have trouble figuring out the sharing clothes thing, the emotions and all those wonderful issues that come with girls and having too many hormones in one place. The first time dealing with "sisters" was in college and it took a little while, but I finally figured out how to live with sisters. Refining fires will come soon with my three little ladies. But at least Zane is there to help navigate!!

Then after I got a nap in (yes, gotta get those naps in!) we went to Lux's friend Avalynn's baptism. She was so excited to go and picked out the perfect floral ensemble to go and witness this wonderful event. Whenever you are ready for a perfect smile...this is just what happens. Love my Lady Lux and her smiles that sometimes crack me up. But regardless of what this photo says, she enjoyed the baptism. She is just itching to turn 8 as well and be able to be baptized like her friends. Thanks for inviting us! And, come to find out, Zane was really wanting to go. But when I asked him to get some church clothes on he had a different tune. Oh children and their sweet, sweet, fickle minds!

After the baptism, we took the kids to the red park (Hidden Valley Park) and we never did get Pippa out of that swing! She can stay there for hours at a time. I don't think she did anything else. We tried to push her to play on the slide, but if she did it was only a few minutes at the beginning before she spotted the swings. Zane enjoyed pushing her and got lots of giggles too. In between pushes, Zane would join Lux and Zoey riding their bikes around the park. Zane was thrilled to have found a bike path and wanted to have his sisters join him on the ride. Pretty sure I didn't get photos of him with the girls. Better do that next time! We spent a good hour and a half and then the sun really started to set. It kept hiding in the clouds while we were there and I started to get a bit chilly. But it seemed to be a decent amount of time at the park to get them a bit more tired for bedtime. The goal I have every time I do anything with the kids!!

Then we went home ate dinner, and got on the bedtime routine. And below Chayse continues to be oh so sweet and take pictures of me with the kids. You can see me in some comfy jammies, because I don't know why one would be at home and in uncomfortable things. Not my jam. I will always be wearing something movement friendly while at home. I think it's been kicked up a notch after cancer. But I did purchase more leggings. So that has helped me keep my regular clothes on all day and not pajama pants. Win. Win. Win. Happy Saturday. Time to get clothes ready for Sunday and things for our lesson with our new class of 11 year olds. I tried to prepare the kids for the morning. We will see if they understand that we eat breakfast, get church clothes on, and then get in the car. Much different from last Sunday's routine.

Also. Dad went home today. Or at 4 am he had a shuttle taxi pick him up from the house and take him to the shuttle for Vegas. He never really said bye to the kids, so we will see what happens come morning and wondering where Dad went. He's off to check out things at their house. See how things are going and get things back in order. My parents have been really good in leaving everything behind and taking care of us. We are truly lucky people to have them around.


No comments:

Post a Comment