I have also been wanting the kids to be involved as much as they can. And since Lux has been begging to get her hair trimmed to her chin, this was the time. She looks so cute with it cut shorter too! It is always interesting to see them react and handle situations. Although she has been begging for it to be shorter, it took a bit to coerce her. In the end, it was done and we looked fabulous in our new dos! Then I took her back to school (I figured this was important enough to pull her from class for the cut) and I fell over like a lead balloon.
These drugs do make me run at a slower pace than usual. So when you pack on morning crossing duty for the kids, an hour at the gym, clean up, pick up Lux from school and a hair cut before 1, it seems as though you've completed a marathon and have no energy left. So a solid 2 hour nap it was while Pippa was down as well. After shoveling food in, because you sometimes forget with those beautiful kids.
That evening Kim had her singing performance she does with her Keynote group during the Christmas season. The kids always enjoy her performing. We headed to the Electric Theater to see her, as the Tabernacle is still under construction. About 20 minutes into the show (kids showered and dressed for bed, mind you) Zane kept saying how he just wanted his bed. That's all he could say. I told him to lay on the floor and get comfy. Well, he did just that and was asleep in no time. At 7:45 we picked him up and headed home after detouring a little bit for some neighborhood lights. Oh, kids are funny creatures.
No comments:
Post a Comment