Monday, January 22, 2018

Saturday January 13

After such a fun evening, we brought Sarah along for the usual...gym routine! My head was a bit fuzzy and apparently I was completely uncoordinated because zumba was much more difficult that usual. So instead Sarah and I did a little bit of dance improv in the back. And the usual teacher wasn't there who is really good at helping you know what the next move will be. It was fun doing something typical with Sarah though. We had a fun time in the back of the room, dancing around and enjoying ourselves.

We came back and I put some coconut oil on my freshly shaved head. Trying to help out my scalp and not be so dry! We ate some lunch and chatted. Then it was time to get the oil off my head. After cleaning up I realized how tired I was. I got a quick nap in while Sarah entertained my kids with mom and Chayse. She got along with the kids so well and they kept telling me how much fun they had with Ms Sarah.

Then about 2 Kathleen showed up to visit too!! A double your fun kind of weekend. IC met Kathleen in 6th grade and have become better friends each year through school. It's always a joy to visit with her whenever I go back to Atlanta to visit. We let her in the house for a minute then put her back in a car to check out Pioneer Park with the kids. It was a great time. The kids enjoyed the hike and Sarah and Kathleen were blown away by the scenery. It is unlike any other place in the country. The red rock and mountains are very inspiring and beautiful. After hiking around we headed to the red park (Hidden Valley) and Pippa got her swing fix in while the other kids ran around and had a great time with Sarah and Kathleen showing off all their skills. (Ms Sah-wah and Ms Kat-ween as Zoey called them) Then come 4:30 and the sun was starting to hide behind some clouds, we decided to head back home and feed the kids, then Chayse. As he was getting ready to pounce.


Mom decided to stay home because she was still working on her cough. And we were planning on Cafe Rio. But then switched last minute to Cliffside to give my friends another place with a fantastic view. We had a great time chatting and laughing. It was an early birthday celebration for Sarah as she was so sweet as to spend her birthday with me (or flying home because she spent time with me) and we are so thankfully they came out to see us. We had some yummy food and fun times. I also wore my wig out for the first time. It was a bit scratchy on the back. And just kind of weird all around. I guess it'll just get less irritating after time. I am just so thankful for wonderful people that have surrounded me and been there to help lift me up. I am the luckiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment