
Early this morning I took Sarah to her shuttle and came back to finish getting the kids ready for church and we headed out at 8:20 to get a decent seat. My eyes were a bit fuzzy during sarcrament so I decided to head home after to rest and spend some more time with Kathleen. It was nice to chat with Kathleen with no kids around like I had the chance with Sarah on Friday afternoon. The time went by very quickly and my family was back from church before I knew it! Ooops, and I never did get in that nap. So about an hour after everyone getting home I collapsed on the couch and fell asleep enjoying the sounds of my kids playing matching with Mom, Chayse and Kat-ween. I like napping on the couch to make sure I don't sleep for too long. It usually ends up being about an hour, and then I'm rested enough, but not too much where I have difficulty sleeping through the night. If I want a solid nap, I'll lay in Zane's cozy bed (Lux's is too, but just on the bottom bunk and I do get nervous about sitting up and knocking my head off) or the opposite direction on my bed and then it'll be about 90 minutes to 2 hours. Those are the days I need a better nap. Or if I am in Zane's bed I just wanted to be closer to the kids. I know you wanted updates on my napping issues.
So after my quick nap, I was ready to play again. I have been so lucky all weekend to not have too many symptoms. I have had a fuzzy-head kind of issue and it effects my vision a bit. It's not too terrible, but it does cause strain on my eyes and then leads to a headache. Not too bad of an issue to deal with and easy to fix with some tylenol after checking my temp. Chayse is really good at reminding me to do such, good thing he is around. Not sure how this chemo would be going if he wasn't there to remind me about the different drugs and such to make sure I get it right.

We played at home, Kathleen was awesome and jumped on the tramp with the kids. We also played a game of "Code Names" while Pippa was napping. Zoey also had fallen asleep too. She, for some reason, had tucked herself into her bedding that was still laid out in the playroom. She stopped napping at 18 months when she got her first round of steriods for her breathing issues. So for her to nap is a rare sight! And we took advantage of the two little ones sleeping and played with the four adults and two kids.
The weather was absolutely beautiful so we had to go on a walk when Pippa and Zoey woke up. Lux and Zane rode a scooter and bike, respectively, and we walked around where the new houses were being built by Lux's school. We only went through one, but that was just fine. Nothing too exciting, a nice big kitchen. Love that.

Then it was time to head over to Chayse's parents for some dinner. We had a good time over there and showed off my new head. I have been keeping it covered, especially around Pippa, this weekend and trying to make sure she is okay with it. She is not as worried now and has been okay with me taking off my hat for a little bit at a time. She's the sweetest and is doing so well with all these changes too.
After dinner it was time for bed! We got them ready and then was able to hang out afterward. I should also mention that we finished the puzzle Chayse started the previous Sunday with Lux, Zane and Zoey while Pippa and I were napping. It was a fun project to work on. And even better to have my friends help us complete it!!

Sunday was a nice day and we had a great time enjoying each other. I love Sundays.
No comments:
Post a Comment