Monday, January 8, 2018

Saturday December 23

Happy Christmas Eves Eve!

Today is the day we must make cookies. We didn't yesterday. Oops.

And today is also the day of a big thing. More to come.

Morning: Gym time. I think we get the routine. There's a very nice day care at Summit and they take great care of my kids. So why not have a win win and get some me time and feel better about myself and improve my chances of eating better for the rest of the day?

That's when the big news comes in. I had seen a bit of a leak coming from my tumor. Gross, I know. Completely disgusting. So I decided to put a cotton ball on it to soak anything up instead of get on my clothes. Great idea? I was thinking so. But after the gym I was not. It was coming down my side , this nasty yellow greenish stuff. And I am no good with leakage. Like not at all. I yelled for Chayse to come in and he just said, be careful, it looks okay. Something to that effect. I clean up, get ready for the day and decided that buying some make up cotton pads might be better than a cotton ball. But since I had none, I put a cotton ball back on to collect anything and went on with my day. I was proud of myself because at first I did want to pass out from the grossness, but collected myself and stood strong. Just didn't look at my tumor at all. At this point it had been drastically shrinking too. Major good news. I was only one round in and I could tell a huge difference. It wasn't sticking out an inch and a half, but was still an angry red coloring. It was about half an inch out and now had what I believed was a gaping hole into my body that could start to grow just about anything inside of it. Ha.

Chayse decided to take Zane and Zoey out shopping (for my presents?) and I realized I should get him some sweatpants to wear around the house because he was complaining that he only had jeans to wear. My prior response was "Go get your own pants" and then I decided I could find them for Christmas. So much love. Lux was off to a birthday party and that left Pippa sleeping and my dad decided to supervise that. I left to Old Navy and mom was working on a pattern to make doll clothes. Figuring I'd be fast I called Chayse's sister Shay to see if she wanted to join me. She said she'd meet me at Old Navy because she was going to meet up with their cousin Jaymee for food after. Perfect.

I found what I wanted, and then Shay suggested some other shirts from Target that were on sale. So off to Target we went. More spent than what was necessary, and out the door and off to Benja's. They invited me to crash their Christmas lunch together and I was excited to just do something without actually having planned it. The kids were covered, so why not? We had a great time chatting and laughing and eating some yummy food. Thanks for letting me join in on the fun!

Back on the home front, I was a bit behind schedule. Cookies must be baked. And the kids were to be at their Grandparent's house at 4 to prepare for a nativity. I made the cookies with the older three kids and got lots of fun Christmas shapes ready to decorate for Sunday before church. With the cookies baked, we tossed the kids in the tub to clean up and get them in their newly purchased Christmas shirts for the professional show we were about to see, helped put on by McKell and Trumbull.

The kids practiced for an hour and we cleaned the car, which I was going to do instead of eating lunch, but priorities. After cleaning the car, we met my parents at home and had dinner, then went back over to meet everyone. Trumbull had a nice hayride ready for the kids and we all hopped on and rode around delivering goodies to Todd & Kim's friends. The grandkids had a blast hopping on and off to do these deliveries. Pippa wasn't too pleased with the cold air, even though I had done my best to keep the kids warm. So halfway through we joined McKell and Blair in the backseat of the truck to finish up the ride.

After the fun Christmas hayride, we had a nativity with all the kids (10 out of 13). They were so cute about it. Lux was Mary, and had decided to put Jesus under her dress for the big show. Very clever lady. Zane was a wise man and I loved the crown for his part. Zoey was stubborn and beautiful angel, so I was able to support her in her first acting roll. It was a really cute performance and we should try and do it again next year. Add a few more angels to the crowd with these little ones that had no idea what was going on! There was also a short talent show with their cousins performing so well on the piano and violin. They have been improving so much over the years! It's getting time to put Lux into something. Once all my activities are over I'll be able to help out with that more.

Overall it was such a fun night for the kids to make memories with their family and cousins. I love seeing them get along so well.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment